Friday, December 26, 2008


Hi folks, this is my christmas dinner. I think its MUCH better than your turkies and puddings and log cakes. I'm practising the art of self-denial.

(I'm beginning to think I need BOTH grammar and vocab classes cause I wasn't even certain if I used the word correctly zomg! Maybe the O'levels were a good thing afterall >:[ )


and THIS...

was my very wonderful christmas eve lunch. I bet its much better than your christmas spreads added together! .... ):




at least there's my small number of presents (but I'm happy cause I expected nothing, anyway)....

Christmas gift #4! From my cousin's girlfriend whom I've always wanted to meet. One of the reasons why I declined my aunt's offer to eat at her place was because I thought she wasn't coming! That's a monkey puppet and the blue thing is my hand.

If I can, I'll try to go out today and get her a gift or write her a card :] She's really very nice and my cousin is damn sweet to her! I think they look like each other, hope they get married soon and give birth to cute little kids! :P


christmas gift #5! from my 表姨. Its like some incense thingy I think.




wait, I've already got my first 2 presents way before christmas right?

SO WHAT WAS MY 3rd PRESENT?!?!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.



THIS!!!!

.
.
.


gross shit. That's my 凉茶. DO YOU SEE THE ICKY STUFF IN FRONT?!



they are...


crickets' shed husks/skin.

Yes so stop groaning I'm drinking this...dump of thing. Instructions were to add 5 bowls of water to these 药材 and boil for 50 minutes.


there were peppermint too and they smell great. The medicine still tasted freaking bitter though, I finished two rolls of the hawflakes just for one packet of that medicine @.@



But I call this my christmas present because it miraculously made me cough out a ball of phlegm + blood that made me feel much better after that.

I actually took a picture of that ball of thing (that looks like a zygote/fetus/ball of cells, seriously) but I don't think I should show it to you guys cause it'll make you sick.





My mom boiled the second pack for me this morning..


I took 41 photos of the smoke cause they were pretty! I'm not gonna post everything, of course. I'll only show you 4 then.

billowing clouds of smoke. My dad haven't been cleaning the tiles, I can tell -_-


the smoke got less..


...and then there were none. well, almost.


it looks like some black 温泉, there was ALOT ALOT of smoke but it couldn't be captured on the camera.

That's my mom pouring more 凉茶 into another cup. She forgot to add 蜜枣 so it tasted DAMN DISGUSTING.

**********************************************************

FOOD:


辣椒鲜鱿! yes squid! :D (macro-ed wrong thing LOL)


my favourite dim sum in all its glory (its the same dish, yes)


i forgot its name its a special kind of char siew pao


鲜竹卷 and 虾饺 (har kao)


cold dish (Y)


The fried was had a really special taste and the 马来糕 was the nicest i've ever had.


鸡蛋仔! something like our waffles, you can buy around40 balls for 9 HKD (SGD 1.66) Especially nice when you eat it hot during the cold weather :}


they nickname this "film" (the black one). Its actually sesame roll. The one at the back is 马来糕 again, but its a different type so its not as nice.


Some lamb hot pot. My mom and dad shared it while the rest were at home 过冬-ing


THIS IS AWESOME. AWESOME.

You might be disgusted after I tell you what it is but it has the greatest texture, taste, everything. That is called 猪红. Yes, pig's blood.


They call this 星洲炒米 (Singapore fried noodles?) Its nothing compared to Hokkien mee.


炒河粉. This picture looks weird portrait or landscape o_O


greatest 豆腐花 on earth (the smiley makes it even better)


beer served in a metal mug!


I helped my cousin tie her hair the other day! Looks cool, no?

(this is under "food" but its not food)
****************************************************


Here are some photos from the cable car trip (ngong ping 360):


it was a 21 minute ride


I found a scarf tied to the handrail! Its like it was tied there to remember the death of someone :X don't think it was true though, at least I hope its not cause I touched it..


Me, my cousins 毅泓 (THE SUPER FUNNY ONE 2 years younger) and 毅杰 (THE SUPER CUTE ONE)


beautiful sunset O:


night view from cablecar




Lastly, here are the books I bought from the bookfair the other day (I can't be bothered to take out my mom's stack)


two of them are for my brother and since I can't decide which photo looks clearer (they're pretty much the same actually), you'll have both. HAHAHA.



I'm currently reading Mister God, This is Anna because its the only book small and light enough for me to bring around. (I think most of you should have read it by now) The book I really want to read is My sister's keeper but its very heavy so I'll read it in Singapore.

No comments: